Yay- it’s that time again! The Everyday Planner™ for 2017 has launched, and I wanted to share some of the features with you today. While the design is the same as when we launched in May, I’m still so proud and completely in love with this new design! It has truly been a labor of love, and I can hardly wait to see how the new features that are coming with this release help people balance their daily lives and go after their goals more successfully than ever before.
New! Half-Page Size Included
One request that I’ve heard loud and clear is that many people prefer a smaller, half-page option for a planner as well as having the larger full-page desktop version. Well, good news! Now the planner comes with a mini version for the same low price. Now you can try both sizes to fit the different areas of your life!
Without a doubt, the biggest new feature that we released back in May is the improvements on the weekly spread. At the beginning of the year, I shared that my word of the year is balance. That is what I really strived for in this planner, to balance all of the things that we try to organize in a day- it’s an overlap of family responsibilities, household tasks, business/blogging, health… so I combined the concepts from the previous time blocking planner and the classic edition and created this new design. Based on feedback, I’ve also created more generous weekdays and condensed the weekends.
- As always, all pages are pre-dated.
- They include a space below the date for a holiday or special occasion (the planner is pre-filled with Major & US Holidays).
- The Important section can be used for your biggest reminder of the day- if I don’t have anything big due, I fill it in with an encouragement.
- The Focus section highlights the top three things you need to accomplish in a day.
- The Schedule is your time blocking section, with spaces for early and late appointments or tasks.
- The Dinner section coordinates with your meal planning, so you always have a quick reference.
- The Tasks section is your to-do list. Transfer anything that doesn’t get accomplished one day into the next!
- The Health section is a great way to track your water intake and exercise. While some days they make me cringe, I know that they are as important as everything else in my life and I need the reminder! I was shocked by how much more I was pushed to stay on track when I began seeing these reminders daily.
- Condensed Weekends feature a spot for special occasions and holidays, to-do list, dinner, and health. Feedback from last year’s time blocking planner informed me that the majority don’t need a schedule on the weekend, and I completely agree!
- At-A-Glance calendars show the current and following month.
If you’re interested in trying out the new layout, you can sign up to do so below and it will be sent to you immediately. I want to make sure you love it as much as I do before you purchase!
The monthly pages retained their classic layout. I have always received great feedback on the calendars, and I love them myself- there’s no reason to mess with a good thing! The one small thing I did change was to make the calendar lines bolder, per your request.
A big theme in this planner is goal planning. Have you ever had an inspirational quote “speak to you”? I’ve read quotes that make me think, or I’ve appreciated their message, but until about 6 months ago a phrase had never stopped me in my tracks. Until I came across this one:
“A goal without a plan is just a wish.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery, French writer (1900 – 1944)
I have had so many “goals” in my life that (if I’m being honest with myself) were actually just abstract wishes. I thought to myself “I’d love for this thing to happen!” but that was where it ended. It wasn’t until I developed an actionable plan that those wishes became true goals, and then were able to be accomplished by completing the steps I had outlined. Without fail, my biggest successes can be attributed to detailed plans.
These new goal worksheets at the beginning of the year and each month help you turn your wishes into goals, and by outlining the steps along the way- you can turn those goals into successes. Each heading is customizable in Adobe Reader (and there is a video included that shows you exactly how to customize).
The Everyday Planner™ Printable 2016-17 Blogger Edition
I’m so happy to share that we also have a Printable Blogger Edition of the planner. This edition includes everything from the original planner, as well as 20+ blogging-specific worksheets and tracking sheets, and a handy guide on how to best plan your editorial calendar. You can learn more about the Printable Blogger Edition here! With one purchase you receive both sizes, full-page (8.5 x 11″) and half-page (5.5 x 8.5″).
We also have an affiliate program here. We offer a 40% commission on sales of the planner and provide content creators with tons of media and pre-written messages to help you promote the planner.
As with all of the previous versions, this planner is a printable PDF- which means that you won’t be mailed a planner, but rather you will be emailed a digital product. This year I’ve included videos to accompany the Getting Started Guide, one of which shows you how to print the planner step by step. Like I mentioned above, some of the fields are customizable in Adobe Reader, but due to the design updates and updates to Adobe Reader itself, there are fewer editable fields than previous editions. An included video shows you how to add text anywhere in your planner before printing.
Before we go, I feel like I may need to address the new-this-year neutral design! I know this is a big change, and change can be hard- but for many reasons, this is the best trajectory for this planner to take for the future. There are several reasons I decided to go with a dark gray and white design.
First and foremost- I have been on a journey of discovering my brand over the past year. Through that process, I discovered that my brand is most definitely neutral, and I want my products to reflect what inspires me. Instead of being overwhelmed with bright colors, it’s so much more refreshing to have a blank slate for planning. I have received many many requests for neutral design over the years- including from the guys! I’ve also received quite a lot of feedback over the years regarding the use of ink. This new design will certainly save money on ink, and make printing services more reasonable than ever before.
T H E E V E R Y D A Y P L A N N E R ™ Printable 2017 Edition
- TWO sizes! Full-Page (8.5 x 11″) and Half-Page (5.5 x 8.5″) 200+ page PDF
- Pre-dated two-page weekly calendar from October 2016, until December 31, 2017
- 2017 Yearly Planning Pages
- List of major holidays for 2017
- NEW! Yearly & Monthly Goal Planning Worksheets
- Customizable Personal Information Page
- Special Occasions tracking page
- Notes Page with customizable title
- Project Planning Worksheet
- Getting Started Guide with my favorite tips for using the planner & printing instructions.
- Access to video tutorials that share instructions, as well as some fun extra features of the planner- like adding custom text!
- Customizable Cover Page
- Pre-dated two page monthly spreads from May 2016 to December 2017
- Inspirational Quote Divider Pages
Phew, I know that was a lot of info, but hopefully, it was all useful! Please feel free to leave any questions you may have in the comments!
You can read more here about how I assembled my planner this year and which materials I used.
Sign up for updates & receive a free sample page from The Everyday Planner™:
Latest posts by Nina (see all)
- Ireland Part 1: Exploring Galway, The Cliffs of Moher, & Dunguaire Castle - April 22, 2017
- Natural and Neutral Family Room Inspiration - April 21, 2017
- New England Farmhouse Neutral Paint Color Scheme - April 11, 2017