This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure here for more information.
Pressure Cooker Cape Cod Cranberry Sauce | Fresh Cape Cod Cranberries are transformed into a jam-like, citrus-infused sauce with help from a Fagor Lux Multicooker. This quick and flavorful Cranberry Sauce is the perfect addition to your holiday menu!
I know I probably sound like a broken record- but I always feel so lucky to live in a place with such beautiful fresh seasonal produce. The cranberry bogs of Massachusetts certainly gifted us with a flavorful local harvest this season, even though we were all warned it may be an off-year.
When my sweet friend Cami reached out to ask me to join her in a fun Pressure Cooker collaboration with Fagor America, Inc., cranberries were the first thing that popped into my mind. I had never actually used a pressure cooker, but I felt like a jellied cranberry sauce could be done.
I was intrigued, but I will admit that I was also a bit intimidated as I looked over and chose the Fagor Lux Multi Cooker in Silver in the 6 QT size. My method of overcoming intimidation is always to learn as much as I can. Luckily I already had a great resource in the ebook Cami and her sister Marci wrote: Master the Electric Pressure Cooker.
I was able to read up on the basics, and when my Multi Cooker arrived, I was armed with an idea of what I was doing. It took some getting used to, just like any new thing. I had been a frequent slow cooker user- and there is nothing slow about this! However, it only took one use to convert me- I have been having a blast experimenting with the recipes I always make. I’ve noticed that pressure cooking not only leads to quicker food but also more flavorful food. The meats seem more tender, the spices spicier. It’s really an interesting process if you enjoy the science of cooking!
Now it took me a couple of tries to get this Cranberry Sauce to where I wanted it. My first rendition had too much orange, but cutting back on that and then adding the cinnamon made the second try a success. I may try next with brown sugar, and if I love the results, I will be back with an update. The fun part about this multi cooker is that it’s quick- so there’s time to play around to perfect recipes. Please let me know what you think, I hope you enjoy it!
Pressure Cooker Cape Cod Cranberry Sauce
Serving: 1 cup
This quick and flavorful citrus infused Cranberry Sauce is made quickly in the pressure cooker is the perfect addition to your holiday menu!
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp real maple syrup
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Rinse the cranberries and strain to dry.
- Combine all ingredients in the cooking pot of the Lux Multicooker. Close and lock the lid.
- Select the Pressure Cook “High” option, and set the timer to one minute.
- The cooker will take some time to build up pressure. As this is happening, the three lights next to “high” will take turns lighting up. Once the pressure has built to the correct point, the lights will turn solid and the cooker will beep. The minute will begin to count down.
- Once the minute is up, press the cancel button. This will allow the cooker to do the “natural release” method. This means the sauce will continue to cook as the pressure releases on its own. Allow this for 5 minutes, then carefully release the rest of the steam using the valve (Note: Please exercise caution when releasing the steam. Make sure to read your directions before beginning so that you know how to operate your cooker safely.)
6. After removing the lid, press the “Sautee” button. Leave the lid off for this portion, and continually stir the sauce as it thickens to a jam-like consistency. Do this for about five minutes.
This sauce can be refrigerated and will keep for 2-3 weeks, so it’s the perfect make-ahead recipe for your Thanksgiving feast!
Join the Weekly Newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email and access to our File Library. Download organizing and home decor printables FREE!